An Online Venue for Interactive Student Writing

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

How I Got My Dirt bike

I was walking through the HONDA shop in mason, looking at dirt bikes. After looking around for a while, I finally saw one I liked, but it was to big for me, and my grandpa said it was to big for me. Then I saw the one that was just my size. It was a red and black Honda XR 50, that goes 40 to 50 mph.
My grandpa asked me if I wanted it, and I said, "yes."
Then he asked.
"Do you have the money."
"NO." I said. I felt like I had just got tricked by my grandpa.
So I left the HONDA shop. I did not get my dirt bike.
Then a few weeks later my birthday came. It was icy cold during winter. I woke up from my bed. I got tons of presents. Everything I had asked for. Then my grandpa said.
" Well then I guess you wont be needing what I got you in the garage."
As soon as I heard that, I jumped up and ran out to the garage as fast as I could. I opened the garage door, and there standing on the floor was the red and black HONDA XR 50 I had wanted in the HONDA shop.

L, Henderson 5th grade

5 Comments:

  • I liked:

    -How you used words like, "icy cold winter."
    -The great verbs you put in your story.

    I wondered:

    -What did the one that you said you liked before you saw the one that fit you look like.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • I liked:

    -How many details you put in your story, like the name of the dirt bike.

    I wondered:

    -Is your story real?
    -Is the dirt bike real?
    -Does it run on gas or battery?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 AM  

  • I liked:

    -That you got your dirt bike.
    -That for Christmas you got everything you wanted.

    I wondered:

    -Are you careful on your dirt bike?
    -When do you ride it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

  • I liked:

    -How you said everything that happened between you and your grandpa.

    I wondered:

    -What is a Honda RX50?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM  

  • 7th grade K.berridge a honda xr50 is a type of dirtbike. by I got to go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home