An Online Venue for Interactive Student Writing

Monday, September 25, 2006

A Never Ending Trail

It was a hot summer day, late in the afternoon. I was camping with my cousin Austin and his parents. The sun was beating down on us as we sat on the hard ground in boredom, trying to think of something to do. But little did we know that within the next hour or two, we would be peddling for our lives through the center of the deepest darkest trails in the camp grounds.
We had just finished eating, and our stomachs were completely full. My aunt and uncle were cleaning up while me and Austin were sitting on a bench, staring at the cold hard ground. The sun was so hot, and no matter how hard we tried we could not think of one thing to do.
Finally I stood up and started pacing around in circles, with my hand on my chin. After a while, Austin started to join me.
By the time my aunt and uncle had finished cleaning up, it was about two o'clock in the afternoon. Austin and I were still pacing.
After a while my aunt came over to us and started staring at us with a funny glare. Then she finally said.
"why don't you two go on a bike ride."
Then it hit me. There our bikes were, sitting there so lonely. All by themselves.
After thanking my aunt for her helpful idea, me and Austin got onto our bikes and were headed down the camp roads.
Now, there were many bike trails in this camp ground; but we didn't just want to go on one of them we wanted go on all of them.
While we were going down the camp roads, Austin mentioned.
"Hey Adam, shouldn't we have brought water bottles or food with us."
"No," I said. "We wont be gone that long."

A, DeWitt 8th grade

4 Comments:

  • I liked:

    -That your story was very interesting and funny.

    I wondered:

    -What happened after that?
    -What were you running from?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

  • I liked:

    -That you had a good time riding the bikes.

    I wondered:

    -What else did you do on your camping trip?
    -Was it fun, exciting, boring, or just OK?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • I liked:

    -Your story a lot!
    -Your story connected with me (me and my dad go on bike rides a lot too).

    I wondered:

    -Why did you stop at such an exciting part in the story?
    -Was the story real?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

  • I liked:

    -How you used good detail, and very good expressions.

    I wondered:

    -What happened after you told your cousin, "we won't be gone that long?"
    -Where's the part were you two were peddling for your lives?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home